The Teacher Education Advancement Network (TEAN) is a professional learning community for teacher educators across the UK, Europe and beyond. The annual TEAN conference focuses on pedagogical innovation and building research capacity in teacher education and on the professional learning and career development of teacher educators. The new conference venue for TEAN 2020 is in Manchester, England. This venue has excellent national and international connections with a short rail link from the airport direct to the conference venue.
The aims of TEAN include:
- Developing powerful innovative pedagogies for teacher education
- Developing high quality research in teacher education
- Developing collaborative knowledge exchange across teacher education partnerships
- Developing collective leadership in teacher education
- Supporting the professional learning and career development of teacher educators
- Building connections and collaborations with other teacher education networks
In using the term of ‘teacher educator’ we mean all those professionals who have a significant formal role in initial teacher education programmes or in the provision of continuing professional development for experienced teachers. Such ‘teacher educators’ may be based in university departments, schools, colleges, early years settings, or be working as education consultants.
Join TEAN by registering for updates on-line here
professional learning community for teacher educators