The Teacher Education Advancement Network (TEAN) is a professional learning community for teacher educators across the UK, Europe and beyond. In using the term of ‘teacher educator’ we mean all those professionals who have a significant formal role in initial teacher education programmes or in the provision of continuing professional development for experienced teachers. Such ‘teacher educators’ may be based in university departments, schools, colleges, early years settings, or be working as education consultants.
The Teacher Education Advancement Network (TEAN) is a network of teacher educators with an annual conference and a journal. The annual TEAN conference includes provocative keynotes, professional development masterclasses and presentations on critical evaluation of innovative practice and research in teacher education and professional learning. The TEAN journal is a peer reviewed open access online journal focused on advancing research and scholarly activity in teacher education.
The aims of TEAN are to:
- work for social justice through teaching and teacher education
- support the professional learning and career development of teacher educators
- showcase and develop powerful innovative pedagogies for teacher education
- showcase and develop high quality research in teacher education
- develop collaborative knowledge exchange across teacher education partnerships
- build strong collective leadership in teacher education
- connect and collaborate with other teacher education networks
Join TEAN by registering for updates on-line here
professional learning community for teacher educators